Please note we are not responsible for the content of external web sites.
Read-throughs and movie scripts
- What a read-through looks like
A video of the read-through for an episode of “Degrassi: The Next Generation” (a TV series).
- What a read-through sounds like
An audio recording — together with a scrolling view of the script — of a read-through for “Monty Python’s Life of Brian” (a movie).
- What a read-through feels like
“As the scripts are opened, the pressure is on and my mouth turns dry” — confessions from one of the stars of “The Rise and Fall of Little Voice” (a play).
- INT? EXT? What do all those abbreviations mean?
A helpful 1-page summary from Laney College, which runs a course on film production.
- How are scripts formatted?
A comprehensive “Screenplay format” guide from the BBC.
From the SkypeRead archive…
- “You’re a thief and a liar”
A guest post written for the “Teaching Village” blog (December 2013).
- “Can English students discover their inner Tom Hanks?”
SkypeRead featured in “ELT News” (September 2013).
- “English students get to try movie read-throughs”
An article on “Japan Today” about the SkypeRead pilot programme (September 2013).